Monday, October 02, 2006

Of Tako and Jr. Highers


I had a really crazy birthday. It started with my breakfast in bed (a tradition at our house...), I had a bagel, fresh fruit, Odwalla, and yogurt (way too much food for me to finish) and then I was off to school. Thank goodness it was a Friday. After college, my mom took me to Blue C Sushi for lunch. It is a traditional style sushi bar in the U-District. We had sushi (Duh!), teriyaki, spicey noodles, and tea. It was really quite good though I don't think that my mom likes sushi at all. The interesting thing was the Tako Sushi, in Japanese tako is octopus. Rabenstrange called me in the morning to wish me a happy birthday and said that I had to try it. It was interesting, not bad, not really good... The octopus meat is really tough and hard to chew.
After lunch, my mom and I went shopping. We didn't buy anything except for the candy I bought Ri. Then we went out to ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. I had my favorite flavor, cookie dough.
Then, after our dessert we head home because the Missionettes sleepover was that night and pretty much everyone in my family was a chaperone (all in different age groups...). Boy were those jr high girls noisy. Sweet girls but they sure could get rowdy. I finally fell asleep around 2:00-2:30. After I fell asleep, tbqelite's little sister Katie decided to kick me in the head to see if I was a heavy sleeper. I didn't even wake up. College really wears me out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

College is tiring some. But you know what they say: "It's a good life if you don't weaken."

:)

Seems like my sister is mean. Mean I say!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I can't believe that you are graduating this year from BCC! I have decided to go to BCC next year...maybe this year..but, I highly doubt that..I wish, tho. :D Well, I should get going...I will talk to you later! LYLAS!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Jr. Highers in general are tiring.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

@tbqelite
Katie is sweet, she just has a lot of extra energy.

@hope
You should start BCC winter quarter. If you take some of the same classes as me, I'll show you around.

@rabenstrange
no kidding!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home