Tuesday, September 19, 2006

First Day of Guitar Class

watashi wa giitaru kurasu ni kimasu. I went to my first guitar class today. It was kind of fun, though it was quite easy. (what else should I expect though?) However, the not so cool thing is that my teacher wants me to buy an acoustic guitar. A decent acoustic is well over $200... Well, I'll have to keep my eyes open I guess. He recommended that I go to Redwood Guitars in Seattle. We'll see...
Music theory class has started nice and easy but I'm sure that it will get quite difficult by the end. I managed to NOT sit by Brian but the girl I ended up sitting by seemed like a snob... I'm not sure which is worse.
I actually have homework to do tonight! Yesterday I didn't really have to do anything (which was nice). I do like having assignments to work on though.
In Nutrition class I'm required to see "Supersize Me", which I've heard is a totally disgusting movie. Supprisingly, my mom didn't seem to object or want me to drop the class.... so I guess I'll have to rent it.


For any music fans out there...
*check out Switchfoot's new and improved intro for their site
*pre-order Skillet,s new CD here and buy a t-shirt while you're at it!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't heard of anything poor about "Supersize Me" except that you'll never want to eat fast food again.

Speaking of Japanese... a couple of our friends from 103 were asking about you yesterday!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supersize me wasn't that good. It wasn't even original in any way. But now that I've eaten nothing but fast food for the last week I'm totally sick of it. Hotels really need to have ovens in the rooms.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

@tbqelite:
Which ones?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Coie Watson said...

Whoa, I was totally going to leave a comment and then I forgot what the post was about. Sad, eh?

Anyways, thanks for stopping by my blog! Sounds like your birthday party was a blast-- post pictures!

-Coie

9:14 AM  
Blogger Sara Hansen said...

I am so jealous, your classes all sound so cool and like fun!!! I want to take nutrition... lol

[i am SO skipping school today, lol]

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yan-san. Though... is still can't catch his name right so I'm prolly misspelling it.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I still want to watch that movie...

7:53 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Hey there, sorry that i stoped my blogpage but I write to much stuff in the swedish one and lost interest in mine, anyway. I think "Supersize me" is a interesting movie and well worth seeing, even though you don't like it you will get an idea of what "fast food" shit can do to you. Anyway congrats that you started guitar! its not bad thing about buying a guitar because when you have it you will be the luckiest around! guitar is fun as! good luck and even though you don't understand anything on my swedish blogg, you can still write a comment and stay howdie how! :D

Cheers!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

@tbqelite
His name is Jan... Say hi to him for me...

@aidswe
I actually already play guitar. I'm just excited that I'm able to take it at college. (I currently have a Gibson Les Paul but I'm supposed to have an accousitic so I'm going guitar shopping this weekend...)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Nice! More skillet? That is highly exciting!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

there is nothing wrong with mud wrestling exept if its ugly chicks right?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I like burgers thank you very much.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I hate burgers and fries to begin with....

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home