Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Eve of the Party

It's after 11 and I'm just not tired... I probably should be asleep by now, knowing that I won't get much of that tomorrow, but I'd rather make a post. So here it goes...
Yesterday's concert was awesome! Switchfoot has improved their stage presence alot since last time I saw them. However, the Moore in downtown is much nicer that the fair's stadium thingy... I guess there's not much to say about it though, you have to see it for yourself... so click here and buy your own tickets to see them...
Today I bought heels to wear with my dress tomorrow... They are black sling-backs and I'm not so short with 2 1/2 in. heels... Oh, and the gloves.... Also, I finally bought a messenger bag for college. It's not the one I had my eye on, it's made by Dakine and its big and black. Pretty non-descript, but quite nice.
I have this song in my head so I'm going to post the lyrics. Oh, I'm a secret (or not so secret romantic...) and I really like listening to love songs and dreaming about my hubby, who by the way is going to be the best guy on the planet...

Hello
You never ever leave my mind,
My sweet sweet Madeline.
Every time I look into your eyes,
I feel like I'm alive.
And I can barely make a sound whenever you're around.
You can find me hiding in the crowd next time you come to town.
Hey! Hey!I've been waitin' all day!
Every time I want to say hello,
Every time I want to stay I go.
Can't ever find the words to let you know.
Sometimes you play my mind a million times.
Wish I could somehowlet you know,
That all the way from here to Mexico,
You're the one and only girl for me.
Tu es un, Bonjour, oui oui.
And my tongue gets tied so quick.
I get so nervous I'm feelin' sick.
And turn into the world's worst Romeo every time I try to say hello.
You're so fine, been on my mind.
Get nervous every time I see you hop online.
Okay, I'm a dork, but at least I'll admit it. I love that song!

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Did Switchfoot do any new stuff this time around?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

hey hey hey! i had a lot of fun at the party! hopefully we can do a happy unbirthday party sometime! that would be a lot of fun! love ya like a sister! laterz! see you tomorrow!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Woody,

It's by Hawk Nelson

4:58 AM  
Blogger Aaron Lee said...

Do all girls say "hubby"?

That's werid...!

Hey, I had a great time at the party, thanks for having me!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

@Rabenstrange
Yup! They played two new songs. Their new CD is called "Oh Gravity". They played the title song and one other. The CD comes out the day after Christmas...

@Hope
Yeah, we'll have to plan that party!

@Woody
Hawk Nelson, the album is called "Smile, it's the End of the World".

@a fine looking young man
It was nice seein ya... Thanks for coming (and for the chocolates and Starbucks card).

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home