Friday, April 07, 2006

A weekend of studying and junk food

My parents are going somewhere this weekend to get away from us. Unfortunately, the babysitter that they were going to have watch the little kids had a sick child. So, we're babysitting all weekend. That's okay though, my little sibs are cute and tend to be well behaved.
My crazed botany teacher has decided to have another test. There will be one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. Ughhh........ So I was thinking, with no parents home, Ri and I will probably bake some goodies and watch a movie tonight. Any suggestions?

Here's a recipe for scones (I made these this morning)

2 cups flour
2Tbs Sugar
1Tbs Baking Powder
1tsp Salt
1/8 shortening
3/4 cup water or milk (if you use milk, they are heavier)

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk. Knead until smooth. Bake at 450F for about 12 minutes or until golden.
(for a variation, add craisins and orange zest and use 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice and 1/2 cup water instead of 3/4 cup.)

Well, I'm off to enjoy my weekend........................

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

mmm... scones...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home