Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Raining, It's Pouring


"You make rainy Mondays feel like Fridays"-Sanctus Real

It is so wet here in Seattle. It was supposed to be sunny according to the weather forcasters but I think they were just trying to be optimistic. At least I have tomorrow off from school (Ohhh Right!). I think that I'll take my mum out to Starbucks after school today. Ri is busy babysitting today so I'll probably give Kathleen a call.
Speech class is going great. Apparently most of the class totally failed the mid-term so my teacher changed the grading scale so she wouldn't have to fail most of the class. That took my A- up to an A and I have 18 ex. credit points. If I keep up the grade, I won't even need to take the final to get an A in the class.
I started learning "We Three Kings" on guitar for my piano teacher's Christmas party. She said that I can play it instead of a piano piece. Maybe I'll play a piano piece too, I'm not sure. There's this really cool version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Manheim Steamroller that I have piano sheet music for. I'm thinking about trying it. It's supposed to sound like a rock-n-roll version...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... raining in Washington? That can't be!!
What's the world coming to?!???!?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

(massive crying)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There there, A fine looking young man. It'll be ok! "The sun will shine... tomorrow... And tomorrow is only a day away~."

11:31 AM  
Blogger Coie Watson said...

I like Jars of Clay's version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman. Have you heard it? I just don't know where to find it, because they apparently don't have an entire Christmas album (which would be mega cool).

Hey, will you post pictures of the dress you made for your bday party? I'm highly interested, as I'm going to make myself a regency era gown for my birthday party. Getting the pattern from www.sensibility.com. :)

Coie
www.coie.us

12:26 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Good quote! :) Switchfoot has some really great lyrics.

Big surprise...rainy in Seattle. I used to live in that area and I remember it was often cloudy and rainy. Now I live in a place that boasts sun 360 days a year. That isn't really an exagerration either. Even if it snows, minutes after it stops, the sun is out, melting it all away.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

"Lookup at the rain
The beautiful display
Of power and surrender
Giving us today"

Speech classes are a nice break from classes that require real work.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Raining in Seattle? I never would have thought that...

The songs sound cool. Go being able to play multiple instruments!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home