Friday, April 21, 2006

Blessings and Curses


I'm sorry that I haven't posted for a few days. If you were wondering why, I've been really busy with college.

I was reading my Bible this evening and came across a list of blessings and curses in Deuteronomy.

The Blessings...
Deuteronomy 28:1-6 NIV
If you fully obey the Lord your God
and carefully follow all his com-
mands I give you today, the Lord
your God will set you high above all the
nations on earth. All these blessings will
come upon you and accompany you if
you obey the Lord your God:
You will be blessed in the city
and blessed in the country.
The fruit of your womb will be
blessed, and the crops of your land
and the young of your livestock- the calves of your herds and
the lambs of your flocks.
Your basket and your kneading
trough will be blessed.
You will be blessed when you
come in and blessed when you go
out.

All these sound great. However the curses which follow, do not.

The Curses...
Deuteronomy 28:15-19
However, if you do not obey the
Lord your God and do not carefully fol-
low all his commands and decrees I am
giving you today, all these curses will
come upon you and overtake you:
You will be cursed in the city
and cursed in the country.
Your basket and your kneading
trough will be cursed.
The fruit of your womb will be
cursed, and the crops of your land,
and the calves of your herds and
the lambs of your flocks.
You will be cursed when you
come in and cursed when you go
out.

I haven't been as Christ-like as I should. When I read my Bible, I often feel convicted. All though I cannot decide for the rest of my family: I will serve the Lord! It is a continuing battle against what I want and what God wants, but as Stellar Kart says,
"People change and plans get changed. Everything changes but You. Everybody moves around and everything bets pushed around, but You. You always stay the same, stay the same. I want to finish last, last in the world's eyes. No matter what I do, I will be first in Your eyes. I am running in this race and I am pressing onward toward the finish line. You have promised me a better life, far beyond this world, far beyond this place in time."

1 Comments:

Blogger Coie Watson said...

Great post! I love that song. :)

-Coie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/frogiggie89

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home