Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Summer Bore...

Today is the second day of Creation Fest, in other words, all my friends are off watching cool bands perform while I stay home and clean the house and babysit. Unfortunately, since I'm not one of Anna's (some rich girl from my old church) friends, I don't have anyone paying my way and since my parents aren't helping me find a car so that I can get a job and earn money, I can't afford to pay for it myself. In other words, I'm really bummed out. I had been looking forward to Creation Fest for quite a while, thinking that I would have a job this summer and would be able to afford it, I was wrong.
Tomorrow is Friday, which used to be my favorite day of the week, not any more... Now I perfer Tuesdays and Sundays because I get to see my friends at church. I miss seeing my school friends 5 days a week. It's crazy that I actually miss school. This summer has mostly been a bore.
The good thing is that I'm learning to play some John Mayer songs on guitar. The other day, I bought the Continuum guitar book and so i've been working on "The Heart of Life" and "Stop this Train". The songs are actually coming along quickly, since I have nothing better to do.
Yesterday, I hung out with a couple of my friends for a few hours. Hope, Leann, Ri, Gabby and I played the game of Life. It was fun, being girls, we joked about how many kids we ended up with and what our hubbies names were.... Fun stuff... Hope, Leann, and Gabby are lucky that they live so crazy close to each other! I miss Kathleen crazy bad, she's been staffing boy scout camp all summer and I've only seen her like twice the entire summer. I wrote her a letter this afternoon, so hopefully she'll have time to write back
In a couple weeks, my family is getting our first Japanese exchange student for this year. She will be staying for a week... Part of that week, Ri and I will be house sitting for our aunt though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home