Friday, July 20, 2007

Ahhh its Friday

The only thing good about Friday is that its almost Sunday... On Sunday, we go to church and I see people. I've been pretty lonely this summer. However, I did manage to get out of the house yesterday. I bought piano sheet music for "You and Me" by Lifehouse and a Continuum by John Mayer guitar tableture book. I've been working on learning "The Heart of Life" and its actually coming along quite well. I've already learned "You and Me" but I'm much better on piano than I am on guitar. I'm hoping to be really good at several songs from the Continuum book by the end of the summer since I have nothing better to do. When I was at Kennely Keys, I talked to the guy there about guitar teachers. Apparently they have a teacher who would give me jazz guitar lessons for $100 a month which is average. When I get a job, I plan on starting up private lessons.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trebonte said...

Ah, $100 dollars a month isn't bad at all. Hopefully you will be able to get a job so you can do that.

Question though: don't you need another guitar for jazz or not? I'm not all that familiar with the different type of guitars unfortunately.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sookie said...

Oh, I just love "You and Me". I think Lifehouse has to be one of my favorite bands of all time.
I've never heard that song on piano, that should be interesting.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Well, I have the 2 main styles of electric guitars. I have a stratocaster style guitar and a LesPaul so I shouldn't need to buy another one... If I wanted to, I guess I could get a semi-hollow bodied electric jazz guitar, but those are really pricey...

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home