Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back on Track

Its sad how easy it is to fall off track... This summer has been hard for me. Before I graduated, I made three goals for this summer, 1. To get a car & my license, 2. To get a full-time job, and 3. To start private guitar lessons. Unfortunately, none of these has quite worked out for me. On top of all this, my best friend has been gone all summer working at a Boy Scout camp. With all these things, I've been getting depressed. I like to be on top of things and know where I"m headed. However, life isn't as easy as we wish.
I decided last night that I was going to get back on track with my spiritual life. Lately, I've been putting it on hold. So, I decided to start reading more in my Bible, praying more, working setting a Christian role model for my little sibs, and last of all, listening to ONLY Christian music. Now, the Christian music thing is really hard for me, I really like Yellowcard and the Beatles, however, I decided that I could give up the secular music for a week if it meant growing closer to God. So, today was the first day. It's been hard not listening to Yellowcard, the Beatles, or Good Charlotte. However, its funny that when you start doing what's right, things start falling in place. Already, I've seen a difference in my attitude and the way I've handled my siblings when they're being obnoxious, however, the most amazing thing is.... my uncle came up to my dad today at the wedding and it sounds like he found a car for me. All I can say is that when you follow God, he always comes through for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Hansen said...

Im sorry you have to move away from the little ones that you love too. thanks for praying for me. I'll keep you in my prayers also. =)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Trebonte said...

It seems that the first step is always to return back to Him. I myself have recently begun my courting of God all over again. It's amazing how He reveals Himself.

Hopefully the car will come through for you. Being able to drive yourself places will open a new realm of possibilities for you.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home