Friday, June 23, 2006

Nationality

So, since I don't have anything interesting to say....

I'll tell about my nationality, then you guys can comment with yours'. As you've probably guessed, I'm 100% American. In other words, I'm part Swedish, Norweigen, Bulgarian, German, Jewish, and Irish. The Bulgarian part though is the most interesting, I guess so my grandma told me that several generations back this princess of Bulgaria fell in love with some non-royal. Her parents told her that she was not to marry him, but she married him anyway. So, her family deserted her... the end... Yup, that story is true, kinda sounds like some story that I read in some cheesy kid book but it's not.
However, I probably look more Swedish than anything else. I have big blue eyes and blondish hair (over the years my hair has gotten darker).
So now its your turn, please comment with some interesting story....


Hopefully I'll get a pick of myself up soon, one that actually shows my face...


5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

that's crazy!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I really don't kno what I am...someone thinks that I have a little of Welsh in me..and maybe a little German. But, yeah...you kno my story! LOL!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Well how did you find me? im 100% swedish.. I am 100% swedish and all my relatives is from sweden as far as i know....

2:14 AM  
Blogger Neemund said...

I'm 1/4 Asian since my great-grandparents were kicked out of Siberia when Lenin took over Russia. I'm 1/4 English and can trace my family tree through the royal family; I think Henery V was my closest relative to hold the throne. And I'm 1/2 Confederate as my family moved up north right after we lost our 2nd War for Independence.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Coie Watson said...

I'm told that I'm related to the Wright brothers. On my dad's side we get this:

Kanematsu Igarashi (my dad's great grandfather) left Japan when he was 17 or 19 or something because he didn't want to fight in the war. He left a wife and child. He came to America on a boat, where he broke his leg and moved to Hawaii with one of the sailor's family. Then he heard about opportunity in CA and moved there.

He was in contact with some guy in japan who told him about some girl in Japan, who ended up coming to the US, meeting Kanematsu in San Francisco and marrying him. They had 10 kids (Only 2 or 3 are still living I think).

Kanematsu started the first japanese owned store in Loomis, CA. During the war, he and his family were sent to a concentration camp in ID. His store was burned. In fact, they had a whole ton of problems, and he didn't talk much. He could make a mean batch of either sake or soy sauce...I forget...But he couldn't drink alcohol or he'd turn red as a beet. :D

And that's as far as I know.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home