Sunday, January 15, 2006

Babyshowers, Sleepovers, and Life

Yesterday I went to Pike's Place Market. I had to go there so that I could do a writing assignment for English 101. The shops are kinda cool but the area is disgusting, the elevators smell like urine, there's garbage all over the place, and lots of bums and drunks live there. After going to Pike's Place, we went to a Russian shop that sold Turkish Delight. Inspired by the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, we bought some. On the way back to our vehicle we went to the first Starbucks ever. It was really cool, it still has a sorta old fashioned flair. Ri and I had our mom take pictures for us but unfortunately, the camera was a disposable, not a digital so I can't post them.
After downtown, we went to a babyshower for my mom's friend. The ladies hosting it treated us as though we were six. When we walked in, a lady asked us how old we were, we told her and she insisted that we be in a picture with all these little girls since we were under twenty-one. I'm seventeen, I don't want to have my picture taken at all, let alone with a bunch of six-ten year-olds. Then another lady did the games. She said that the prizes were too adultish for us. Anyway, I got a sheet of paper and tryed one of the games. I handed my mom my answers and she won. The prize ended up being a set of nice candles. The prizes for the other games were Starbucks stuff. How old did she think I was?
After the embarassment of the babyshower, Ri and I went to our friend Hope's house for a sleepover. We had fun staying up late, eating chocolates and popcorn, chatting, and watching the Phantom of the Opera.
Today Rabenstrange, Ri, and I walked to the library and returned some magazines. On our way home we bought some Snickers bars to munch. It was fun........

3 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Oooh, I totally want to try Turkish Delight after watching TLWW!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Turkish Delight is actually quite tasty. It is fruit flavored with a gummy kind of texture.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

hey! it was a lot of fun having you over! we need to do that again sometime! i can't wait until my b-day party! so, i guess, that we can do it again really soon! Lol! i love you like a sister! you are amazing! talk to you later! bye!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home