Sunday, September 11, 2005

Old Peoples and Retirement Communities

Today I went to church, the usual for Sundays. We only went to second service though. We usually go to first and second service. After church, my sister, Brad, and I practiced some songs together to play at a retirement community. After our practice session, we went to Lakeshore Retirement Home and played a worship set for their protestant church service.
It's kinda funny though cause after we played worship, Evan preached a sermon. Evan's sermons are kinda funny to listen to... He gets off subject alot and talks about random things in the middle of the sermon. Anyways, Brad almost fell asleep in the middle of the sermon. Some of the elderly people did too. I don't blame them, I have to admit I almost did. After the sermon, all the elderly people come and tell us how well we play our instruments and thank us for coming. It's great to see how we can add a little happiness to their day. Next month Ri and I think that we should bring them cookies or something when we come to do the worship set. Old peoples are so nice.
Now that I talked about how they are now, here's a disturbing thought. Think of what our generation of grandparents are going to be like... Instead of going to grandma's house and having cookies they'll go have a Rockstar or an Amp and listen to rap. Pretty scarey if you ask me...

4 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Ha ha! You know that last thought is really weird. Hmmm....

7:45 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yeah, my sibs and I crack jokes about it quite often.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Neemund said...

Just think of all the foul-mouth old people there'll be in 60 years. They'll still listen to the same music they listened to as teenagers (which most of the old people I know like to do apparantly) only it will be Eminem, Limp Bizkit, and 50cent. The old people will also have flabby tattoos of bands that no one has ever heard of and have weird piercings on all parts of their bodies.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such thoughts scare me. The future to now dim...

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home