Monday, June 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I've now been home for a week. Things are very different and that's for sure. I no longer have to be somewhere at 7:30 every morning, so I've gotten into the habit of sleeping in. I've decided that today is the end of that. I hate wasting perfectly good days by sleeping them away. However, after the last 9 months, I deserved a little extra rest.
Since I'm going back to college this fall, I'm looking for a job to help cover the expenses. So far, I've applied at Jamba Juice, American Eagle, and Godiva's. Today I'm going to put in an application at Starbucks. The lady working there the other day said that I was almost for sure going to be offered a job there.
On Wednesday night, I have my first private guitar lesson. It'll be interesting to actually have assignments and things that someone has given me to work on. I'm used to just playing whatever I feel like. I'm really looking forward to improving my skills. Well, that's what's been going on recently.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trebonte said...

Welcome home! We've missed you~ Well... at least I did... Now I can actually talk with you once again~

Hard at the job hunt? Which place are you hoping to get hired at? And where's the Starbucks located?

That's so exciting that you're going to Northwest. I know that'll be good.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm applying at the Starbucks in downtown Renton. The one by FredMeyers. I'll probably take the job with the highest pay and/or the most hours.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

It's been great to have you back!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

good luck on the job hunt

2:55 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Good luck on getting a job! I have a friend that works at Jamba Juice...in Colorado. ;)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Tage said...

I've heard good things about Starbucks, but be warned, all your clothes will smell like coffee. And you might get stuck with some unsightly shifts, opening shifts can start really early. But it is a great opportunity.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home