Thursday, March 13, 2008

Things that just don't happen in Seattle

1. You can't take a shower in the morning because the well broke....
2. If you miss your exit, you have to drive another 15 miles to turn around
3. It takes 45 minutes to drive to the mall
4. The only job you can find is working at an alpaca farm (for you city folks- an alpaca is like a lama)
5. The only style among youth is grunge (and Carharts and Romeos, if the guy shoes are Romeos, why aren't the girls Julietts?)
6. Going to town is a half hour drive
7. Deer regularly chase your car

I'll add to my list as things happen

3 Comments:

Blogger Trebonte said...

"2. If you miss your exit, you have to drive another 15 miles to turn around"

I beg to differ... As you should clearly recall, this does indeed happen in Seattle. Case in point: Aurora.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm sure I posted a comment on here but for some reason it didn't pop up.

A few things that don't happen in the boondocks:

1. Your car isn't routinely broken into.

2. You can't hear your neighbors dreadful gansta' rap.

3. When you get rear-ended you don't get slapped with junk drawer municipal tickets.

4. You don't have to drive on messy, confusing one-way streets.

I could go on.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

....actually, there are lots of confusing one-way streets, trust me...

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home